Job Title: Caregiver Support Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging & Independent Living Director
Location Address: 699 Perimeter Drive Lexington, KY 40517
Minimum Salary – $37,918
Part Time ________ Hourly _____ Full Time __X___ Salaried __X____
The Caregiver Support Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing a district-wide program of services for the Bluegrass area in accordance with State and Federal laws and regulations for the National Family Caregiver Support Program and the Kentucky Caregiver Program. The caregiver coordinator will also maintain an internet based system of service documentation through the Social Assistance and Management System (SAMS). The caregiver coordinator will work as a team member in the development and implementation of a coordinated of services for the caregiver and aging population.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a listing of services/resources to caregivers in the seventeen county area.
- Exchange and present program information to community leaders and organizations to build awareness and community involvement and promote networking opportunities between organizations.
- Actively pursue grant opportunities and write grants to expand the program.
- Track services provided with the ability to produce reports and data required by the state and federal government and other entities as appropriate for program growth.
- Monitor services that are provided to insure program outcomes are established and met.
- Provide caregivers information about services, support groups, caregiver training, respite care and supplemental services.
- Develop support groups for caregivers.
- Develop and coordinate training for support group leaders.
- Provide individual counseling and assistance with access to services for caregivers.
- Represent the AAAIL and the ADD on committees and work groups in matters relating to the caregiver.
- Assist in conducting public forums, consumer satisfactions surveys, needs assessments which can be used in the ongoing design and evolution of the program so that changes can be made in a timely and purposeful way to meet the need of the caregiver. Assure direct input from family caregivers in ongoing program design, evaluation and development of services.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to assist with program services and expansion.
- Assist with other aging programs as required allowing for the AAAIL to develop district wide programs.
- Serve on conference planning committees as assigned by the AAAIL Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the AAAIL Director.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of aging and caregiver issues and ability to relate to older persons and their caregivers.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals, groups and personalities.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Ability to work with “details.”
- Ability to motivate and provide leadership to service providers.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to provide training which includes skills in public speaking.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-related field with proof of at least three (3) years of experience in the Aging/Caregiving.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Experience in community networking and coalition building.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
DEADLINE: May 30, 2017
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
***BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY the Company DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION.***