Job Title: Community Development Specialist
Department: Community Planning
Supervisor: Director of Community Planning
Location Address: 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40517
Part Time _______ Hourly _______ Full Time __X ___ Salaried __X ___
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional advice and assistance to 33 cities and 17 counties in the Bluegrass Area Development region on grant applications and programs.
- Develop budget plans and estimates.
- Assist local government officials and other public agencies in the development, implementation, and maintenance of personnel management systems such as:
- Ordinances, policies, pay plans, classification plans, employee records, employee handbooks and affirmative action plans/statements.
- Conduct on-site assessments, gather data/information, evaluate functional requirements.
- Write position descriptions and construct organizational charts.
- Conduct salary surveys, evaluate salary data, and develop pay plans in concert with local governing authorities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Provide professional advice and assistance to 33 cities and 17 counties in the Bluegrass Area Development region.
- Ability to interpret budget laws, policies and regulations; analysis.
- Analysis of impact of state legislation on City’s/County’s financial condition.
- Analysis of cost effectiveness of program operations.
- Ability to make recommendations of alternate sources of program funding.
- Knowledge of budget, taxes and payroll issues.
- Experience in preparing, conducting and designing utility rate studies.
- Solid grounding in the theory, history and trends in community and economic development practice and research.
- Good grasp of the substance and dynamics of public policies relevant to the work of the program.
- Make effective connections among research, policy and practice and to work productively with government, community-based organizations, commercial businesses and academic institutions.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, including writing and public speaking.
- Effective interpersonal relations and a proven ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and convey problems and issues clearly and succinctly.
- Maintain an ease and openness with people who hold diverse views.
- Sense of organization and talent for managing multiple tasks with significant initiative.
- Should be self-confident, collegial, and diplomatic.
- Proficient in marketing the relating skills for the above-mentioned services to the Mayors, County Judge Executives, City Managers and Utility Managers with the ADD service area.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or Public Policy or at least five years of experience working as a policy professional or practitioner in a field related to community and economic development, including community development finance, research or program evaluation.
- Grant writing experience and knowledge.
DEADLINE: The position is open until filled.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: email@example.com.
EOE***BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY the Company DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION.***