Job Title: Financial Officer
Department: Aging and Independent Living
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Location Address: 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40517
Minimum Salary: $37,918
Part Time ______ Hourly _____ Full Time __X____ Salaried __X ___
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes and/or reviews vendor and contractor invoices and travel reports related to his/her grants to ensure accuracy of general ledger coding as well as accurate and timely payments.
- Prepare Purchase Orders as need for expenditures related to his/her grants.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, documenting business transactions and completes corresponding reconciliations.
- Maintains, reconciles monthly grant reports and communicates financial information to executive management, department heads and project managers.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- Communicates with external auditors/monitors and satisfies their requests for information.
- Receives time sheets and reviews for accuracy before HR processes payroll.
- Generates and submits invoices to local, state and federal agencies and maintains an Aging Accounts Receivable Report. Communicates with CFO and department heads regarding any issues with outstanding invoices. Initiates and continues collection efforts as needed to ensure the collection of accounts receivable invoices.
- Reconciles bank statement monthly as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of financial and governmental accounting principles.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and multiple accounting software programs.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Analytical problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two to five years of experience (preferred in public accounting)
- Proven experience with accounting software programs.
DEADLINE: Open until filled
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: email@example.com
EOE ***BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION.***