Job Title: Program Development Manager
Department: Workforce Development
Supervisor: Director of WIOA Services
Location Address: 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington KY 40517
Minimum Salary: $43,606
Part Time ________ Hourly _____ Full Time __X___ Salaried __X____
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with WIOA Regulations as mandated, as well as local policies and procedures.
- Attend all scheduled WIOA staff meetings.
- Participate (as appropriate) in meetings, conferences, and trainings as requested.
- Perform complex planning, research, consultative, technical and program administration work.
- Seek new, creative and substantive ways to maximize the workforce services available in the region.
- Assist in establishing program goals and objectives; developing program guidelines, priorities, and standards and evaluating activities.
- Assist in developing local and regional plans or programs and the creation of procedures for implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
- Assist with special initiatives as appropriate.
- Submit travel authorizations to supervisor / team leader for approval prior to traveling to meeting or event whenever possible.
- Submit leave requests to supervisor / team leader for approval prior to taking leave whenever possible, ensuring first that elective leave does not conflict with performance of job duties, including attending staff meetings.
- Submit time sheet to supervisor / team leader biweekly.
- Plan and develop workforce training programs, ensuring compliance with applicable local, state, and federal policies and statues Prepares program policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of grant applications and plans in order to receive funding for various workforce training programs.
- Collect, organize and analyze data required in the development of various programmatic, planning, contractual and informational documents.
- Assist in the preparation of service delivery contract, training agreements, and amendments.
- Evaluate performance and make recommendations for program improvement and corrective actions.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and submission of required reports, papers, correspondence, and other documents, ensuring clarity, completeness, accuracy, and conformance with applicable policies.
- Coordinate and attend various meetings and seminars and makes presentations, as appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination of program activities with other agency departments and liaison activities to various policy and advisory committees, governmental agencies, community and private sector organizations on matters relating to program activities., as needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines and policies governing workforce training programs, budgetary processes and procedures; and contract development and administration.
- Ability to understand, apply, and communicate to others, rules, regulations and guidelines prepared by state and federal agencies for workforce development programs.
- Must excel at written communication.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with governmental agencies, local employers, training institutions, coworkers, program participants and the general public.
- Problem-solving skills, organizational skills, time management skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to interact positively with a variety of personalities and socio-economic populations.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects independently within short time frames.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment, providing support to fellow team members is essential.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate use of professionalism and use of good judgment.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and to quickly adjust to change.
- Attention to detail.
- Travel throughout the Bluegrass Region may be required. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable,
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years experience working with Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act or comparable programs.
DEADLINE: November 28, 2018
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: email@example.com
***BLUEGRASS AREA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY the Company DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION.***